A few chic travel essentials can make your trip fabulous & stress-free!
I have a love-hate relationship with traveling. I love to visit new places and explore new things (especially food) but I’m not a fan of bumpy flights, lengthy layovers, long car rides, etc. Any who, spring and summer are prime travel times for my family and I; we survived drove to and from Alanta last summer and are planning some long weekends and *fingers crossed* island getaways for this summer. When it comes to travel, I’m like Santa: I’m making a list, and checking it twice (hehehe, my corny jokes really amuse me). Here are my favorite travel essentials…
In the event that you like to over prepare too, here are some things that I won’t leave home without:
- Glam Sunnies: When you have a 6am flight or are gonna be sitting in the car for like, ever and have no time or desire to apply makeup, a pair of fly sunnies can hide the fact that you’re running on 3 hours of sleep and not enough coffee. Besides protecting your peepers, a pair of oversized shades can also hide unkempt eyebrows. #Winning
- A fab scarf or wrap: Scarves are a Travelin’ Divas best friend. Whether you wear it on your head turban style, use it as a light blanket during a chilly flight, or to cover your bum by the pool, the options are endless. Check out one of our favorites the SHOLDIT scarf. It’s a Travelin’ Divas dream!
- Maxi skirts/dresses: Let’s face it, maxi skirts are just socially acceptable leggings/yoga pants. Whether skirt or dress, you can throw it on and be dressed (please wear a top with the skirt though lol). If you grab one in a wrinkle resistant fabric like jersey you’ll avoid looking like you pulled it out of the hamper.
- Fancy Footwear: I’m definitely a fan of comfort while traveling but a girl’s gotta look good! A cute pair of flats works for just about everything, but if you wanna give yourself a lift try some chic & comfy wedge sneakers (which are apparently still a thing).
- Fab tech: On top of the obvious tech items like my cell phone and iPad, I always travel with a pair of dope headphones. My favorites are these rose gold beauties from my friends at Monster. Not only can I listen to my fave music and tune out the outside noise, the universal cord let’s me take a phone call without skipping a beat.
- Power bank: Gotta keep all that techie goodness charged up right? If you don’t wanna be a wall hugger or car outlet hog, don’t leave home without some extra juice. My tech loving momma hooked me up with the Halo Portable Phone & Tablet Charger.
- A roomy tote: No matter how I’m traveling, there are always things that I want to keep within arm’s reach, so I upgrade my usual purse to a larger tote. This way, I have all of my important stuff like ID and cash and I avoid having to search through luggage and other bags for things like books and snacks.
- Travel sized goodies: Don’t let TSA restrictions kill your vibe! Travel size toiletries are a must when flying cuz ain’t nobody got time to get held up in airport security. Even when the itinerary doesn’t include air travel, packing smaller containers of favorite products is still a good idea.
- Travel pillow & eye mask: Basically, I’m going to sleep. Wake me when we get there. *note, I no longer sleep on long car rides when Hubs is driving. Because anxiety.* Also on the subject of sleep, I always pack lavender essential oil. A few drops on the hotel pillow will help you drift off into a sweet smelling sleep.
- Wardrobe Cluster: You knew that was coming right? Seriously, the only way to pack for a trip and keep your sanity is to plan ahead and put together a cluster. A combo of four tops, four bottoms (max!), and two dresses will give you roughly 24 different looks AND fit nicely into a carry-on or weekend bag. #Boom
What things must be in your carry-on bag?
By Te Espi aka The Style Medic