The little things can help make your vacation great!
- Take a tour! We know you want to relax while on vacation but take a little time to explore your destination and learn a little about the people and the culture. Learning about a fabulous destination and its history is always relaxing (at least for me) on vacation.
- Unplug! Seriously unplug from the internet and social media while on vacation. Share a few fabulous photos on Instagram but don’t be glued to your phone or tablet the entire time you’re on vacation. That defeats the entire purpose of taking a break and going on vacation. Make your kids unplug too, their little friends will be there when they get back home (lol). Check out this article on how to totally unplug on vacation.
- Go shopping. I’m serious, squeeze in a little shopping time while on vacation. I love to go shoe shopping when on vacation especially in a fabulous city like Miami or Los Angeles. Destinations that are hot year around always have fabulous and different clothing and shoe options. Indulge and add a few fabulous pieces to your wardrobe.
- Dine small. Eat at a small restaurant/deli! You don’t always have to eat at a big fancy restaurant or a chain restaurant while on vacation. Small restaurants everywhere need our support. So try grabbing breakfast or lunch at a small Mom & Pop restaurant or deli.
- Enjoy date night! That’s right, enjoy date night alone with your spouse/partner and with the kids. Everyone needs their own special one-on-one time even on vacation. If you can, enjoy a solo lunch or dinner date with your spouse. The hotel/cruise ship will have babysitters available upon request, put that service to good use. Also schedule a solo date with your kids. If you can, surprise your kids with one-on-one dates with you and your spouse. Go on a lunch or dinner date with just you and one child. While you’re on your date, your spouse can be on a date with your other child. #EverybodysHappy They’ll love it and it will make them feel special, important and loved while on vacation.
What is one of your favorite things to do on vacation? Tour, shop, try new foods or just relax?
Be Happy. Be Fabulous. Be Well Traveled.
By The Travelin Diva ~ Kirstin N. Fuller