I was a plus size model back in the day (way way back lol) and Emme was the one I looked up to. So it was a true pleasure to meet her yesterday and as my Mom would say, she’s a doll! I was also able to ask her for a few packing and travel tips. Here’s what Emme shared with me for my favorite ‘Travelin Divas’…You!
Emme’s packing tips:
- Save the plastic. Take a plastic bag or plastic wrap from your dry cleaning and roll up in the plastic your linens, tops or anything that will wrinkle easily. This helps prevent wrinkles while traveling.
- Shake it out! When you arrive at your destination shake your clothes out.
- Steam the easy way. Hang your items in the shower and let them steam out a little while you’re showering.
Remember she’s a supermodel! (lol) So she also offered a few ‘what to pack tips!’ Thank me later…
- Walking shorts anyone? Going out while on vacay? Of course! You don’t want to wear those hot-hot shorts, so pack a pair of walking shorts. They’ll be perfect for lunch, sight-seeing etc. Pair them with a button up white linen shirt for a fab look.
- Accessories…accessories…accessories. Emme said “don’t forget your accessories but not too much bling!” Pack a few accessories that you can wear with several outfits.
- Pack a LBD. According to Emme we also should pack a little black dress even on vacation. For vacation make it a wrap dress and pair it with fab pair of flats, cork wedges or dress it up with a pair pumps.
- Pack a shawl. Like your LBD, Emme also urged us to always pack a beautifully colored pashmina shawl to fight off the cool breeze in restaurants.
Emme’s last tip for a fab vacation… “the Mommy in me also says drink a lot of water!” (lol) We agree.
If you want to add a few fabulous pieces to your travel wardrobe, visit your local Macy’s for the fab looks featured from the fashion and more! Follow the hashtag #MacysEmme on twitter for upcoming dates and locations of future ‘Macy’s Welcomes Emme’ fashion events.
Be Happy. Be Fabulous. Be Well Traveled.
** All images were taken by Kirstin N. Fuller aka ‘The Travelin Diva **