Create a Tropical Flavored DIY Lip Balm 4 Your Carry-On Bag!
Have you ever wondered what could you do with your used eos lip balm containers? Save and reuse those old containers! It’s all the rage right now on YouTube to reuse an old eos lip balm container and create your own DIY version from a variety of ingredients. I’ve seen Baby Lips used, coconut oil + beeswax with makeup and crayons (yes makeup & crayons…smh) to name a few. I decided to take the easy route and use an exotic flavored ChapStick (they have more flavors to choose from). (lol) Everyone loves the eos lip balms because of their cute travel friendly sphere shaped containers which makes them very easy to find in your purse or carry-on bag. I was never impressed with the flavors. If you want to create your own exotic flavored DIY lip balm in an old eos container just follow these easy instructions. When you’re done, you’ll have a cute flavored travel buddy for your freshen up kit, carry-on bag, purse or cosmetic bag.
- 2 ChapSticks in any flavor you like (ChapSticks new Tropical Paradise collection is so yummy! My favorite is aloha coconut because it’s a super moisturizer.) ** Update** Use 3 ChapSticks so it won’t freeze in the top when you unscrew it…lol!
- Plastic knife
- Microwaveable cup/container
- Cleaned old eos lip balm container
- Separate the divider from the bottom of the eos container by using a sharp pointy knife, flip it over and screw it into the top of the eos container (this will give it the same shape). ** Parents do this part for your kids **
- Turn the ChapStick all the way up-out of the tube.
- Cut it off dropping it into the microwaveable container.
- Microwave for one minute & 45 seconds (check around 1:30 to see if it’s fully melted).
- Pour into the top of your old eos container (slightly above the divider).
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Unscrew it from the top lid & pop it back into the bottom lid and you’re done!
Looks just like the real deal, right?! (big smile) This DIY cost me $2 and took 5 minutes of prep work. Save those used eos containers!
Voila! Now you have an exotic tropical yummy flavored lip balm that’ll be easy to find when you throw it into your carry-on bag, purse or cosmetic bag on your next vacation. I know you can easily go and buy another eos lip balm but with their limited available flavors, this is a great way to add a new flavor to this cute, travel sized container. My DIY lip balm smells sooooo good! It’s also a fun DIY project you can complete with your kids. You’ll even have some fun while recycling. Your kids will love that they created their very own yummy tasting lip balm in a cute container. I think I’ll try the watermelon splash and mango sunrise ChapSticks next or maybe cakebatter (lol). Visit www.chapstick.com to see all the fabulous flavors currently available. This is not a sponsored post, I just love Chapstick and DIY’s (lol).
- Add a non-flavored ChapStick with SPF 15 to the mix and give your lips a little added protection from the sun.
- Mix colors and flavors to create your own blend.
Be Happy. Be Fabulous. Be Well Traveled.
By The Travelin Diva ~ Kirstin N. Fuller