We can all agree we had a brutal winter. This past winter created a vicious travel season. Thousands of traveler were stranded (some for several days) due to snow storms and icy conditions which caused thousands of flights to be cancelled. The stranded passengers were often left to fend for themselves with no hotel rooms and often in already crowded airport terminals.
To help prepare for these types of travel situations (that are often out of your control) we suggest you build and carry (on every trip) in your carry-on bag and totebags, a personal ‘freshen up kit.’ A ‘freshen up kit’ is a collection of TSA size approved items for your personal grooming/appearance.
The items we suggest you add to your ‘freshen up kit’ include:
- Mini toothpaste, mouthwash and toothbrush (fresh breath is a travelers priority…lol).
- Travel sized deodorant.
- Travalo with your favorite fragrance/cologne (trust me smelling wonderful is a great conversation starter…lol).
- Travel sized facial skincare kit (my favorite is ‘Simple’ skincare’s travel set with mini facial wash, facial wipes & moisturizer… its just $5 at Wal-Mart).
- Your medicines, vitamins and health supplements (gotta stay healthy).
- Ladies only…‘Healthy HooHoo’ personal wipes and wash. (Fabulous personal product for women…click here to read all about this new product).
Visit your favorite local retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and your grocery store for fabulous varieties of great travel sized personal care products to add to your ‘freshen up kit.’ Remember to replenish your kit after every trip or at least 2 times a year if you do not travel often.
Winter is not the only season travelers can become stranded, so always have your ‘freshen up kit’ with you whether you’re traveling by planes, trains or automobiles. Having all of these products in your carry-on bag/totebag will help you freshen up quickly and remain fresh faced even while dealing with a terrible travel situation.
Travelin Divas and Savvy Travelers…what would you add to your ‘freshen up kit?’
Be Happy. Be Fabulous. Be Well Traveled.
Follow me on twitter for daily deals, fab destinations and more…@thetravelindiva and @Passenger156.
**Image courtesy of digitalart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net**